11. Promote the UN as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten,
demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed
forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily
by the UN as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as
they are now doing in the Congo.)
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and
current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers'
associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations
which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing,
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them "censorship" and a
violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity
in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as "normal, natural, healthy."
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion.
Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity, which does
not need a "religious crutch."
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the
ground that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state."
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned,
out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats
who had no concern for the "common man."
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American
history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the "big picture." Give
more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of
the culture--education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics,
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies.
Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists
can understand [or treat].
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means
of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents.
Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects
of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise
up and use ["]united force["] to solve economic, political or social problems.